Freedom of information
As a public sector organisation, we are subject to the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000. Under the Act, anyone has the right to request information that we hold. We receive a steady flow of FOI requests and we publish details of these requests and our responses below.
Please try searching our FOI logs
If you would like to make an FOI request, please take a moment to read the following advice:
Before making your request
IPSA is an independent body created by Parliament to oversee and regulate MPs’ business costs and expenses, and to set and administer MPs’ pay and pensions.
If your request relates to something other than MPs’ pay, business costs and expenses, or IPSA itself, then we may not hold the information you are looking for.
We publish details of all FOI requests we receive alongside our responses. As we may have already published the information you are seeking, please try searching our FOI logs, and our Publications website before making a request. Responses to Parliamentary Questions are published in Hansard.
Making a request
When making a request, please include:
• Your full name (title, first name, surname);
• Your postal address or email address for reply; and
• A full description of the information required; please be as specific as possible to assist us in providing the information required.
If you wish to make an FOI request, you can email FOI@parliamentarystandards.org.uk or write to:
Freedom of Information
When we receive your request
We aim to process your request promptly and are obliged, under the FOI Act, to provide a response within 20 working days. Upon receiving your request, we will write to you to:
• Acknowledge your request;
• Let you know when we will respond to your request by;
• Ask for further clarification, if required;
• Give you a timescale for completing your request if a response cannot be provided immediately.
In our response, we will inform you whether we hold the information or not, and whether there is any reason why we cannot release the information to you or if any of the information requested is exempt from release.